Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Schooldays heaven or hell??

Campaign urges boarding schools to stop taking young children

After an article in last week's Observer Magazine about abuse claims, campaigners call for end to children being 'sent away' (from the UK Guardian 11/May.2014')

Could not agree more with the article. I attended boarding school from a very early age and dislike it intently. Not for me. There were however those who loved it and revelled in the immature "Boy's Own" masculine herd gatherings. I joined in, because peer pressure said I should but at the back of my mind always was the thought that the pack leaders were "suss"All I can conclude is that it is not for everyone and if parent's can afford the shekels to shell out good luck to them, It all probably boils down to the individual. 



No comments:

Post a Comment